Tuesday 5 April 2011

Buckwheat cookies

Buckwheat cookies

On the tube back home this evening, I just managed to get a seat and sat down and then saw a pregnant lady. Asked her if she wanted a seat and she said yes. Was about to get up when the guy next to me said he would give her his seat! I thought how gallant of him - well partly so and partly because he got off at the next stop!

Anyways... seeing that my buckwheat pancakes tasted quite good, thought I would go I step further and try making cookies. Googled on the internet and still was not sure, so I decided to go with my shortbread cookies recipe and instead of using plain flour just change to buckwheat flour. Only thing I can advise is if you are going to try out this cookie, after mixing, the mixture might not seem to bind together, but as there is no gluten, there is no worry about overmixing. But mix into 2 batches and you will be ok. The what I did was roll out the dough and cut them out using cookie cutters. The result? Rob and I liked it, but Katrina and Pat were not sure about it.

4 comments:

MamaFaMi said...

Hi Tina darling,
How are you? Harap both of you sihat-sihat sahaja.

Cookies ni kalau cicah dengan kopi o mesti kaw kaw punya kan? :D

Kalau rajin, do drop by my blog ya. There's an award for you. :)
http://mamafami.blogspot.com/2011/04/cutie-strawberry-rolls.html

tina said...

Hello sayang, kopi toksa pun boleh! Yummy on its own.

K, will do so later. Thank you!

Jane - Kitchen Stools Direct said...

Lovely! Thank you for this buckwheat cookie recipe. I am compiling a list of gluten-free recipes for my own use and this seems like an ideal and healthy alternative to cookies made from plain flour.

Lee said...

Hi Tina, how you doin'? Long time no see.
Here's hoping this finds you well.
Have a great week.
Lee.

Pages