Thursday 17 February 2011

chap go mei dinner

Chap Go Mei Dinner

Soaked some buah keluak as I wanted to make it for the dinner with friends, but as these buah keluak have been kept for so long, I was afraid that half might be bad and not useable. So did not make them and kept them for the dinner tonight. But my goodness, only 2 were not good, the rest were as good as black gold. Pun intended!

Initially thought it was just going to be us 2 old foggies again, but then I thought it was the last day of CNY, I invited the children back. So last night cooked the buah keluak and the babi pongteh first as they need time to cook. And digressing a little, I think I mentioned it before in my previous buah keluak post, no need to go through all that trouble to ketok them with a hammer or the lesong but just hand them to Pat who uses a band saw to cut them. Simple! hehe. Anyway, back to dinner....
So tonight, just prepared and cooked the fish tempra and szechuan green beans with minced pork.

Ayam Buah Keluak


Babi Pongteh


Szechuan green beans with minced pork


Fish Tempra

No comments:

Pages