Monday 17 January 2011

turkey tsukune

Turkey Tsukune

It has been raining since last week and it's been dark and dreary everyday. Go to work in the dark, come home in the dark...Bleah!

It was still raining this morning and I was walking across the front lawn to my car and whoops... I did a skidder... hey like a footballer doing a save... fell on my bum. Got up, asked Pat who if my trousers looked ok, no mud or anything like that. No, he said, just looks wet, so thought ok, I can live with that as I could not be asked to go back to change. It was only when I got into work and looked down that I saw a patch of mud on my front right trousers! Yew.... been walking around like that, but the mind is funny like that isn't it, if you don't realise you don't feel conscious...

Anyway, made turkey tsukune last night. This is normally made with chicken mince but I thought I would go one step further and be a bit more healthy.

Ingredients:
450 gm minced turkey or chicken
2 tbsp panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
1 onion chopped
1 egg (beaten)
1 Tbsp soy sauce
2 tsp mirin

Sauce Ingredients:
3 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp mirin
1 tsp sugar
1 cup water
1 tbsp cornflour

Method:
1.Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix well and make small meatballs.
2.Heat a pan of water till boiling and drop them in. They are cooked when they float.
3.Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together except for the corn flour. Pour into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add some water to the corn flour, mix well and add to the mixture. Stir well.
4. Add the boiled turkey balls and boil for a few minutes to coat them. They can be served and eaten at this stage.
I go a step further and put some oil in a grill pan. When the oil is hot, add some meatballs and fry till they the sugar caramalise.



No comments:

Pages