Friday 16 July 2010

Work and pleasure in Nice

Work and pleasure in Nice, France
June 30 - July 4


Sent by my company for course in Nice. Arrived there Wednesday afternoon and the course was till Friday afternoon. My coursemates were from all over Europe and there were about 20+ of us. Mostly ladies but we had 3 thorns amongst the roses. 2 came from Luxemburg (English but living there yonks) and the other was a Russian. We gave up with the Russian as he did not understand us. They did not join us for dinner on Wednesday evening, so when he was at our table the next morning, I asked him why they arrived late yesterday and his answer was... "Yes" and then I asked another question and his answer again was ... "yes". At this point I thought, ok, no need to ask anymore! Then at lunch and a conversation about him cropped up and apparently someone else asked him at coffee break - "so where did you go for dinner last night?" and you guessed it... his answer was.... "Yes" bwahahaha! Aiyo, I wonder what they are doing there - there were 3 of them at the course. I do not know about the language capabilities of the other 2 ladies as I did not get a chance to speak to them as they did not join us for lunch or dinner. The course cost Euro 1600+, so for 3 persons.... go figure!

Anyway, back to the course. It was good, gave us a chance to understand the whole venture capital business from set up to exit.

The rest of the group was a fun lot and during lunch break of the first day which was an hour and 45 mins, 4 girls decided to go for a swim during the break! Crazy or what?! Anyway, it was so hot in Nice, on Thursday, the temperature showed 34 degs!

Then the course ended on Friday after lunch and Pat was flying in for a short break. But instead of landing at 8+ which was the estimated arrival time, there was a 2 hour delay at Heathrow and he only arrived around 1000 and by the time he got out and we went for dinner was like 11+

The next day we went for a tour of the Provence countryside. I had booked a tour but it was only the 2 of us, so it was a nice leisurely one.

The on Sunday, I tried to book a late check out but because it's summer time, all their rooms were booked, so we were kicked out at 1230. As we had a late breakfast, we took a walk around Nice town, then went to the park and slept in the shade, went for lunch and then went park to our spot under the trees again till 5. While walking back to the hotel to collect our luggage, there was a band playing the "Can can song", so I was trying to do the cancan and whilst doing so, stepped on uneven ground and twisted my ankle! argh! hehe, don't worry, I'm ok now!

Perfume factory - antique bottles


Chapel


Market - cannot really see as there is nothing to compare to, but the garlic and the pepper were huge!




Medieval village




Waterfall



Sweet factory

4 comments:

Lee said...

Hi Tina, wow! You in Nice? My last time there was wayyyyy back in the '60s, when a student, took a bus tour then.
Its a beautiful place too and love your pictures.

Ha ha, makes me wonder about the Russians too....'YES"! Ha ha.
I bet you had fun shopping to, huh?
And French food, and wine too.
Have fun, Tina.....free drop by, Lee.

tina said...

Hi Lee, yes Nice is nice and the countryside is beautful too. We were lucky the weather was good too!

Lee said...

Hi Tina, just dropped by say hello....how you doin'?
You have a great time and stay beautiful, Lee.

tina said...

Hi Lee, thanks for dropping by. Sorry I am not as rajin as you to update my blog as often as you! hehe. Akan datang!

Pages