Sunday 2 May 2010

Butter biscuits

Butter Biscuits

I was planning to make shortbread biscuits as I thought I had not made them in a long time. So measured my ingredients and then put it in the oven to bake.

As I was clearing up, I saw that I had left the rice flour still on the weighing scale! Oops! Shucks... what's going to happen to my bikkies? After baking time was up, took them out from the oven, patiently waited for them to cool and tried them. Wow... they actually tasted good! Very caramelly! Boy, was I so relieved!
The recipe can be found under "Shortbread Biscuits" and the apart from not using the rice flour the only change I made was to separate the dough into 2 parts and roll each part into a sausage shape and cover with cling film and put in the fridge for about 15 - 30 mins for it to firm up. When you are ready to bake the biscuits, cut them into thin slices and flatten them on the baking sheet and bake for about 10 mins.

No comments:

Pages