Friday 12 February 2010

Chinese New Year Cookies

Chinese New Year Cookies

When I went back to SG in Sept, chanced across a heart shaped pineapple tart mould in NTUC and got myself one. So this year, instead of the normal round one, made a heart shaped one. Trouble is I love pineapple tarts and also, because I have given some away to friends and colleagues, have to bake my third batch this Saturday again because it has run out.



Also made peanut cookies - Pat prefers these to pineapple tarts.
Recipe can be found in the archives.



The other cookies that I made as well was Kuih Bangkit. Trouble with Kueh Bangkit is that I have never got it looking right. The taste was good but I always ended up with the dough spreading out after baking. that is until now. I finally worked out not to add so much coconut milk to it and boy, was I ever so pleased. I got proper looking kuih bangkits!



After seeing a fellow blogger talk about Kueh Belanda or Love Letters (they call it Kueh Kapit in Malaysia, I decided to try it out as well. I have 2 of these molds as my mum brought it for me yonks ago but I had never trie it. So tried that and not that great, but I think good enough for a first time and it tastes good as well!

No comments:

Pages