Monday 5 January 2009

First day of work and snowing

First day of work after a 2 week break

For 2 weeks, I had the luxury of waking up at 8 or 9 every morning, hmm.... then this morning and for the next how many hundred mornings, have to wake up at 6 to get ready for work. Went into the bathroom and as we have a velux window there, saw some snow. Did a double take and walked back to the bedroom to look out of the window to get a better look... yup... it snowed throughout the night. So anyway, continued getting ready and when it was time to leave, got into the car and reversed out onto the road. Oh before that, K called to say that the slope onto the main road was icy so beware of sliding around. To continue, reversed out to the road and then nothing happened, car moved a few meters and stopped... my jag simply couldn't make it up the road. Aiya, wasted my time earlier cleaning the snow off my car. So went back in and changed cars with Pat, he has got a 4 x 4 and my goodness, what a difference it made, with no effort at all, I was at the main road and continued my journey.

No comments:

Pages